Friday, January 21, 2011

Incredibly Lacking but Incredibly Busy, Winter Blahs & Winter Hahs

It has been one month since my last blog post. The Christmas holidays came and went, as well as my hazy New Year. It is now 2011, I started a new job and it has been keeping me quite busy. I have also been busy with my classes at The Workroom. I took the Natural Dye class and I am in the midst of my 10 week Sampler 2 Quilt classes. I must say, I have been quite studious this month.

 a few pieces of cotton & silk that I dyed

linen jacket that I dyed with logwood (purple-grey)

Unless there's something calling my name on a weeknight..you'll find me at home, in my apartment....with my cats...and my husband.

 sans Roosevelt

avec Roosevelt

Can I just tell you how fuckin' cold it is right now in Toronto?! You could stick your toe outside and it would have icicles on it! Well..not that cold but still. Luckily, I have a bunch of friends that live close by. So, hanging out in the winter isn't so bad. I wish we all had tunnels to get to each others' apartments/houses. 
 
I watched "Blue Valentine" with some of my lady pals during its opening weekend. It was/wasn't what I had expected. Their relationship wasn't overly dramatized (well except for the dr.'s office scene), there was a few heart warming and heart heavy scenes. A particular scene irked me & caused me to clench my cardigan and hold it over my mouth. The older Ryan Gosling receding hairline cracked me up. 

RG sings and plays the uke in the movie...here he is on Jimmy Kimmel.



Gosh damn RG, you so fine.

Also, I haven't been able to get this song out of my head.



So sweet.

No comments: