Friday, June 10, 2011

Vacationing on the Outside

Planning a big trip somewhere always excites me. Once I have an idea or inspiration, I usually roll with it - big time! At this moment I'm thinking about vacation accommodations that are situated outdoors - not entirely camping but not entirely in a hotel. I think working for an outdoorsy publishing company has really made me think about spending more time outside. I really love the idea of being out in the open & nestled among trees & being secluded.

Of course, these plans of being away probably won't happen until next year...but it's always good to think ahead!

The following are some of the accommodations that have caught my eye, many of them include tours & excursions - something that I am really interested in doing. So beautiful & really different from the usual vacation spots:

Eco Camp - Patagonia, Chile

Elqui Domos - Elqui Valley, Chile (They specialize in astronomic tours - seriously thinking about this one!)



Four Rivers Floating Lodge - Tatai, Cambodia
Treebones Resort - Big Sur, California

Camping Bled - North West, Slovenia
Catalunya Glamping - Taragona, Spain
*all images are linked back to source*

So, as you can see there are some amazing options all around the world - all with different features & amenities. The trouble is....which one to choose? Yeah - probably the cheapest!

1 comment:

ELLYN said...

whoa! they all look great!!